Life in Words. Seeing the World through my eyes.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The place I go to everyday, thats beside the lake.

After only 3 weeks of settling down in LCS, we moved into the new Taylor's campus; Lakeside.
First impression: HUGE!
Seconds later... "Where's the lake?"
Lunch time... "No place cheaper? OMG..." *checks wallet*
Yih Ling shows me the lake. Reaction: "Oh, so that's the lake... That's a lake?"
Went to the library: "OMG. *toot* freaking BIG. Looks exactly like the digital pictures. WOW. This is freaky."
One of the awesome things about Lakeside is the library. One word, "GROOVY"
Waiting for the shuttle bus: "WTH. So many people? Later we have to push, hard."
End of the day: I miss LCS.

But no doubt, Lakeside is so much more beautiful. Well, obviously, cause it's new. Oh, and yeah, it's good that all the air-conds work. So the classrooms are actually cold. But the thing is, LCS was comfy. Small, but comfortable. The food was cheap, and there was alot of variety. Convience, I would say is one of the things that LCS had that Lakeside doesn't. ATM machines, 7/11, stationary shops, top-up shops and the best thing is I didn't have to shove people in order to get onto the shuttle bus and if I miss the bus I could always walk back.

But at Lakeside, well, you get to... um... you get like... um... hm. I don't know. LOL. Take pictures with awesome views? Haha.


As you can see, I don't really like the new campus. I guess I need a little time to adjust. I took a whole load of pictures though. Its really pretty.




and thats only one part of it. Its really really pretty and BIG. But its not that difficult getting to classes because we are mainly always in Block E.

I'm really envious of the hospitality students! They have their own restaurants and a hotel?!
WHY oh WHY didn't I take hospitality?
*sigh* Mass comm isn't bad either... *sulky face*

The thing about Lakeside is the walls are so clean, I feel like taking a marker or something and scribbling on the white walls. *aiks. Maybe I shouldn't have wrote that.* There are so many people around, everywhere, and the lifts are always full. So morning exercise is now inevitable. Good news or bad news? When you're taking a walk in Lakeside and enjoying the view of the lake and the wind is blowing through your hair, you should immediately cover your nose or you'd get a whiff of cow dung. I'm not sure, but I heard there is a cow farm behind the campus.

I apologise for being so whiny.

I was told that Lakeside has almost 10 000 students *if info is wrong, I am sorry. My source of information is not reliable* So now there are more variety of faces to look at. *main point* more guys to scan through; hot or not? So, there is the silver lining around this cloud.

All in all,
Lakeside, I still need to get used to,
LCS, I need to forget you.

Hey, that rhymed! LOL. I am so proud of myself.

*I must apologise. This post, its a bit suck-ish. I don't really know what to write, so I am just typing whatever comes to mind so that I can reach 500 words. Sorry Mr. Winston.

No comments:

Post a Comment