Life in Words. Seeing the World through my eyes.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The life in sleeping.


I kept running and running but I couldn't reach it... I just couldn't. It was dark, damp and cold. I could here the sound of flowing water and the scattering of sewer rats nearby. The stench was almost unbearable. As the cold air touched my skin, I felt chills creep up my spine. I could see a tiny spec of light at the end of the tunnel. But no matter how fast I ran, it was like I wasn't moving at all. The spec of light was like a spec of hope to me. I didn't know where I was and what dangers there might or might not be. All I knew was that I wanted to get out of here. My stubby legs never stopped moving. Perspiration from my head dripped to the floor, droplet by droplet it splashed on the slimy, cold ground. My legs started to get tired but my eyes stayed fixed on the light. "It's my only hope," I told myself. The light started to grow bigger and bigger as if I was getting closer. The small spec of hope expanded as the light did. I could feel my whole body become lighter and now, I could run faster than ever. Nearer and nearer I was to the light. I reached out my hand. YES! I can reach it... when suddenly I felt my stomach overturn. I was dropping. Down and down I went. The force of gravity seemed to pull me harder than it ever did. It felt as if I had left my heart floating above me as I kept on falling into a dark endless pit. I wanted to scream but somehow it was as if someone had put a hex on me and I couldn't scream. I opened my mouth and no sound came out... "What was happening?" ...

"THUD" ... Thank goodness. It was just a dream.

What have I been doing this holiday? ... I've been dreaming a lot. It ain't just regular dreams... I have really peculiar dreams.
This holiday, I had the luxury of sleeping a lot and therefore, resulting in having excessive dream time. Sometimes I don't remember my dreams. But some, I do. You know how it works. I'm going to blog about some of the darnest dreams I had during the holidays...

This dream is connected to driving. I had just gotten my license in the beginning of March and this holidays was the first time mummy allowed me to drive alone around town. And so... this is how the dream goes...

*The beginning is very peculiar and I can't really remember.* It was night time. The moon was shinning brightly and the stars had come out to play. My family and I were staying in a very high-class condo *Only in my dreams*. There was a really awesome lobby with a patio and pool. Beside the pool there were these really cute, white rotan chairs matched with a dainty white rotan table. In the swimming pool there was a floating bar. There was another family staying there. Some people I know. (but I can't remember who) I only remember that the lady was one of those typical Chinese stay-home-mums who are always poking their nose into everyone's lives. One day, I was waiting for the elevator, when this 'auntie' came and spoke to me. Being brought up to be well-mannered *ahem ahem* I responded to her conversation. She was, I felt, somewhat taunting me about how I could never drive although I had my license. Although I kept a smile plastered onto my face, her words seemed to have dug into my flesh and started to fester. Annoyed, I went upstairs and grabbed the car keys. The next thing I knew, I was in the car, driving, when I realised I drove the wrong car. I had taken my dad's Mercedes instead of my mum's car. All of a sudden I started getting nervous. I could feel my heart jumping so fast and hard that I swear it could've jumped right out. The Merc was bigger, longer and a whole lot more expensive to fix than my mum's car. The car was built in a different way so I wasn't used to driving it. Suddenly, I saw someone beside my car. He was holding a needle. We shall call him, 'the faceless boy' because I don't recall what he looked like. He then, pricked my car... for what reason? I don't know. But it made sense in my sleep. The car then deflated, as if it were one of those toy cars u have to blow up with air. I got out, picked up the now deflated Merc, put it under my arm and carried it back home. When I got back, I saw the auntie. She was chuckling at my misfortune and my dad was standing beside her, frowning. "Hi, Pa. Sorry about this. I blow it back up for you, OK? Don't get mad." I blurted out with a begging voice and sweet smile. Then I ran upstairs. On the way up... I woke up.


Weird? It doesn't make sense now that I've written it out. But when my eyes were shut close and my mind was busy in dreamland, everything seemed very normal and natural.

Moving on to the next dream...

It was a normal hot day with extra hotness and as usual I was sweating as though a water fountain. I remember I was holding 100 plus in one hand and snickers in the other. I didn't want to drink the icy cold 100 plus although I was being dried up by the sun. I was so focused on fighting the temptation of gulping down the icy freshness of the regenerating drink that was already in my hands.


I transferred my focus to the snickers bar. All I wanted to do was to rip its wrappings apart and sink my teeth into its delicious nutty-ness, savouring its magical flavour in my mouth. *sounds dirty, but please, keep your thoughts straight*



I was on my way back home. It was a rather strange day. Not many people were around. There were a lot of trees and the skies were filled with all sorts of birds. I turned into an alley, when suddenly someone grabbed onto me and held a knife to my throat. My first thoughts were, "Should've drank the 100 plus and ate the snickers when I had a chance. " My attacker had a young, uncertain voice at first, but later on he sounded more insistent. I told him to hold his knife a little further from me because I was scared it'll accidentally cut me. Then I told him to move a little further away from me because his body heat transfer was making me perspire even more than I was before and I didn't want to drench my brand new dress in sweat. Surprisingly, he did as I told him. When I could finally see my attacker's face, I found him actually kinda cute. *omg. Infatuating even in my sleep* Then I told him, "I have no money. I didn't bring my purse out. So, I can't give you anything. " He looked confused, as if he was trying to weigh his options. Then after a while he said very forcefully, "Give me the 100 plus and the snickers. Thats what I wanted in the first place, anyway." Heavy heartedly, I gave him the two things I desired the most at the time. He snatched it impatiently from my hands and walked off quickly. Then I shouted out to him, "Hey, you dropped your wallet. If I give it back to you, will you share the 100 plus and chocolate with me?" He didn't say anything and suddenly started running. I chased after him. The sky turned gloomy and the big droplets of rain started falling from the grey clouds. I ran into 7/11 for shelter. The guy at the counter was really nice. He told me to stay there until it stopped raining. After 2 minutes, I realised that the guy who had just mugged me was actually the guy at the counter. I approached him, and he smiled. Then all of a sudden he said, "Dragon up!" and transformed into the American dragon... then I woke up.


I think I was hungry when I went to sleep. As for the dragon thing, I was watching American Dragon on Disney before going to bed. *sigh* I have weird dreams that are significant to nothing.

What can I say, I have a vivid imagination. Unfortunately, it only happens in my dreams. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment