Life in Words. Seeing the World through my eyes.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Books vs Puffy Pillows

Books, Notes, Words... They haunt me even in my sleep. Midterms are only a few days away and I still have yet to make progress in my revision.

This is bad. Bad, I tell you!

I have jailed myself in my room only to leave when I need to eat or use the toilet. Unfortunately, temptation is right in my room. The greatest evil of all, the bed.



It is a silent killer that just lies there motionless. It never says a word but instead it uses seductive signals with its body indicating dangerous motives. It pulls you towards itself as if there is a magnetic force that surrounds it. The moment you come in contact with it, It indulges you in its arms, wrapping you so tightly, blurring all rationality and consciousness of mind. Hours and hours go by and you do not realise the damage that has been done. It takes you to a place where your mind wonders away. Further and further until you are hooked. When finally you gather enough will power to fight its evil, it is already too late. The damage has already been done. There's no way to turn back time now. All you can do is hope and hope that you can compensate for what you have done for your guilty pleasure. The bed-evil that cannot be resisted.

Sitting in my chair, guilty of a long satisfying nap, I stare at the words in my textbook. Thoughts going through my mind, I am still in a daze. The sinful snooze I had still lurked around in my mind. I still cannot focus. My mind starts to wonder again. I think of things that are so unrelated to my subjects. Things like,"I wonder how I'd look like if I were a monkey?" or "Do my feet stink?." The time ticks away, waiting for no one and definitely not for me. Suddenly I find myself wasting away precious time again. The skies are already pitch black. There are no stars in the sky for in this city the lights are brighter than the stars. Time is running out again. I need to study. I NEED TO STUDY!

Flipping through my books, my eyes divert to my facebook. "Ooh... Shannon commented on my picture. I wonder what she said." I get hooked on facebook for at least an hour. Then I realise the time and I swear out loud. I sense the urgency to revise again and so the first thing I have to do is... UPDATE MY FACEBOOK STATUS: Candice I am going to study now. I must, I must, I must.

Before I can close the tab someone comments on my new posted status. I cannot fight the temptation of reading it and replying it. Then another person comments. Dang! I hate how fast technology works these days. And so the night continues like this. Msn starts to call me into its traps now with its annoying rings. As my fingers clatter across the keyboard faster and faster, I have now forgotten about my revision. I look at the time after being engaged in a long and hearty conversation with a friend I see everyday in class. 2 a.m. the clock, I hate it but it is a Saint compared to all the other evil objects in my room. It is always truthful but never kind.

Now I am trying hard to concentrate on my books. But yawn after yawn occurs. My back aches from sitting at the table for hours. My eyes are now squinting more often than usual. I am tired. The bed starts calling me again. I can feel its arms creeping around me, serenading me with a lullaby. The air conditioner is in cahoots with the bed now. Its gentle cold wind blows against my skin. My eyes start to close and so does my books. I seem to have been hypnotized by the bed. My feet drag closer and closer to the bed. As my head hits the pillow... it is too late. Another day gone, and the week is ending. Time is running out.


Preparation for the exams, still at zero percent. My week before exam? It is no different from the week before.

No comments:

Post a Comment